Southeastern Natural Sciences Academy occasionally has job openings, and descriptions of those positions, as well as minimum requirements, will be posted here. Resumes are accepted at all times, and should be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Southeastern Natural Sciences Academy
1858 Lock & Dam Road
Augusta , GA 30906
Southeastern Natural Sciences Academy ’s Internship/Mentorship Program provides an ideal opportunity for high school, undergraduate and graduate students to gain real-world work experience relevant to their academic and career goals. The program provides an opportunity to spend a period of time working side-by-side with some of the area’s leading scientists and natural sciences educators. Students sixteen years of age or older who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents and are currently enrolled at least half-time in high school or an accredited U.S. college or university are eligible to apply. Applications for non-paid summer internships are accepted through March each year.
This program is a prearranged, structured learning experience scheduled within a specific time frame. The experience must be relevant to the student’s academic and professional goals, and to the Academy’s mission. Applicants are evaluated on their academic standing, scholarly qualifications, past experiences, and the quality of their project or study proposed and its suitability to the Academy’s mission. An internship/mentorship experience is performed under the direct supervision of Academy staff.
Internship/mentoring opportunities are considered and accepted based on staff availability and applicant qualifications.
Inquiries regarding internship and mentoring opportunities are welcomed, and students interested in these opportunities are encouraged to email the following information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone number
- Teacher/Professor making recommendation
- Current education level
- Total credit hours
- Academic major
- Field of study
- Current cumulative grade point average
- Area(s) of interest
- Why are you interested in an internship/mentoring experience with the Academy?
- What are your goals for an Academy internship/mentoring experience?
- Start and end date requested
- Resume/curriculum vitae
Part-Time Education Specialist
Reports to: Senior Education Specialist
Start Date: August 20, 2012
End Date: mid-December 2012
Hours Required: as needed for school field trips; typically 3-4 days per week,
8am-3pm, approximately 20-25 hours per week
Min. Education Required: Bachelor of Science Degree
Part-Time Education Specialist job requirements:
- Sets up, runs and cleans up education programs & events
- Assists with other events as necessary
- Leads and assists with education programs and education club events
- Maintains education equipment
- Assists the Senior Education Specialist with workshops
- Assists the Senior Education Specialist with the development of education programs and resources, including park and education newsletters and guides
- Participates in off-site education and outreach events, including after-hours events
- Maintains and updates kiosk materials as needed
- Works with Senior Education Specialist to train & coordinate education volunteers
- Works with education interns under the supervision of the Senior Education Specialist
This position will require leading school field trips on environmental science and ecology for grades 2nd-12th and undergraduate students. Interested applicants should have a strong science background, an ability to work with students of all ages, strong public speaking skills, an appreciation for natural habitats, and be comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions.
Send resumes to email@example.com or to:
Southeastern Natural Sciences Academy
1858 Lock and Dam Rd.
Augusta, GA 30906
Resumes accepted through July 27th, interviews will take place July 30th – August 3rd.